Giving Thanks for 3D Mobile Mammograms
Mobile Mammography is Saving Lives
It's big, it's pink and it's making a difference in Methodist's fight against breast cancer.
It hit the road in 2018 and has been providing women in our community with easily accessible 3D mammograms.
We THANK YOU for making this life-saving screening possible. The numbers below show how your support is making a difference:
- 119 visits
- 17 visits were made to underserved locations - Charles Drew Health Center, One World Community Health Clinic, New Rising Star Church, My Sister's Keeper and the Latino Center of the Midlands
- Visits to locations outside of Douglas County include:
- Council Bluffs, Iowa
- Malvern, Iowa
- Glenwood, Iowa
- 1,764 screenings
- 401 were first-time mammogram screenings
- Mobile Mammography has identified seven positive biopsies in 2019
- Charles Drew Health Center - one
- Methodist Jennie Edmundson Clinic - three
- Business locations - three
- Methodist offers follow-up diagnostic screenings for patients who need follow-up care
"Today was the best mammogram experience I've ever had. The team was friendly, warm, informative and compassionate. The heated gown was a comforting touch on this chilly, rainy day. Best of all...there was no pain with the 3D imaging! If women everywhere could have this kind of experience with mammograms, no one would hesitate to sign up for an annual exam."
~ 15-year breast cancer survivor
This is the region's first 3D Mobile Mammography coach and was made possible by generous donors throughout the community, as well as employees of Methodist Health System.
To schedule an appointment: methodistmobile3d.org/
In partnership with:
"Early detection allowed me to be there for my children." - Amy Knapp, Breast Cancer Survivor