Giving Thanks for 3D Mobile Mammograms
Mobile Mammography Celebrates First Birthday
It's big, it's pink and it's making a difference in Methodist's fight against breast cancer in the region.
Happy Birthday Methodist Mobile Mammography!
It hit the road a year ago and has been providing 3D mammogram screenings throughout the Omaha community.
We THANK YOU for making this life saving screening possible. The numbers below show how your support is making a difference:
- 70 visits
- 49 more visits scheduled by the end of the year
- 18 have been made to underserved locations - Charles Drew Health Center, One World Community Health Clinic, New Rising Star Church, My Sister's Keeper and the Latino Center of the Midlands
- 1,004 screenings
- 249 were first time mammogram screenings
- Mobile Mammography has identified six positive biopsies in 2019
- Charles Drew Health Center - one
- Methodist Jennie Edmundson Clinic - two
- Business locations - three
- Methodist offers follow-up diagnostic screenings for patients who need follow-up care
"Today was the best mammogram experience I've ever had. The team was friendly, warm, informative and compassionate. The heated gown was a comforting touch on this chilly, rainy day. Best of all...there was no pain with the 3D imaging! If women everywhere could have this kind of experience with mammograms, no one would hesitate to sign up for an annual exam."
~ 15-year breast cancer survivor
This is the region's first 3D Mobile Mammography coach and was made possible by generous donors throughout the community, as well as employees of Methodist Health System.
To schedule an appointment: methodistmobile3d.org/
*All numbers are through September 30, 2019
In partnership with:
"Early detection allowed me to be there for my children." - Amy Knapp, Breast Cancer Survivor