Reaching Out | Opportunities to Make an Impact
Is your company, club or organization looking for ways to impact others and make our community a healthier place to live?
Consider these opportunities to support Methodist Health System and those we serve:
Host the Area's First and Only 3-D mobile Mammography Coach
Time, convenience, cost and transportation are universal barriers that can delay or discourage lifesaving mammogram screenings. We want more access, more convenience, more survivors.
Your organization can enhance its wellness program by bringing Methodist Health System’s fully accredited Mobile 3-D Mammography Coach directly to your employees.
This convenient, on-site breast screening service encourages busy employees to take the time to be screened and demonstrates corporate commitment to employees’ health.
We do not charge your organization for hosting our coach. In return, we invite our business partners to “pay it forward.” We encourage donations to Methodist Hospital Foundation in support of Harper’s Hope or to help cover the cost of screenings for the uninsured. We are proud that no one has ever been turned away due to an inability to pay.
- Get a quick tour of Mobile Mammography.
- To schedule a visit to your organization, visit methodistmobile3d.org.
Reach Out and Read
By donating a book, you help our youngest patients and their families fill a vital “prescription” for reading. Every child between the ages of six months and five years receives a new book at their well-child check.
Visit https://shareomaha.org/nonprofit/methodist-hospital-foundation. Click on the Amazon Wish to shop a list of recommended books.
- Organize a company, club or family book drive to benefit Reach Out and Read. To arrange a drop-off, contact Methodist Hospital Foundation at (402) 354-4825.
- Read more about the Reach and Read program here.
The Nebraska Methodist College (NMC) Food Pantry
Supply Nebraska Methodist College students with a meal and some peace of mind when finances are tight. The NMC Food Pantry is available to every NMC student who needs it.
- Visit https://shareomaha.org/nonprofit/methodist-hospital-foundation. Click on the Amazon Wish to shop needed items.
- Organize a company, club or family food drive to support the NMC Food Pantry. To arrange a donation to the pantry, contact Lisa Johnson at (402) 354-7073 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read more about the NMC Food Pantry here.
Provide essential clothing items to Methodist patients in need.
- For a list of needed items, go to https://shareomaha.org/nonprofit/methodist-hospital-foundation. Click on the Amazon Wish list icon.
Methodist Community Health Clinic | Diabetic Outreach
Impact lives by helping uninsured patients monitor their diabetes at home.
- Visit https://shareomaha.org/nonprofit/methodist-hospital-foundation. Click on the Amazon Wish, which includes glucose test strips and monitors.
NICU Gift Baskets
Donating gift baskets to current neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) families is a meaningful way to give back during the holidays or any other time of the year.
Purchase and package some items that our NICU families enjoy the most:
- Books for parents to read or read to their baby
- Bottled water
- Gift cards (Target, Walmart, iTunes, coffee shops or local restaurants)
- Keurig K-Cups
- Lip balm
To ensure the safety of our patients, we are unable to accept food items and knitted clothing, including hats and blankets.
Participate in an Organized Fundraising Event
Throughout the year, we combine fundraising with a bit of fun, even some fitness.
Here are a few fundraising events that you and your organization can take part in to benefit Methodist:
Herbek Hustle 5K Memorial Fun Run: June 19, 2021 | Zorinsky Lake | Start time: 9 a.m.
Join us – rain or shine – in honoring and celebrating the legacy of our friend, Dr. Gene Herbek. Proceeds benefit two worthy causes: See, Test & Treat, a program Dr. Herbek founded through the College of American Pathologists, and the Drs. Jerry Schenken and Gene Herbek MLS Student Program at Methodist Hospital.
14th Annual Methodist Golf Classic: Tuesday, August 17, 2021 | Tiburon Golf Club | Check-in: 10:30 a.m.
A great day of golf dedicated to friends, fun and relaxation in support of Methodist Hospital. All funds raised will support vital upgrades to Methodist Hospital's life-changing Acute Rehabilitation Center's Therapy Gym.
Host Your Own Fundraising Event
Maybe you or your organization would like to organize a fundraising kickball tournament, team-building 5K fun run or after-hours wine tasting. Put your creativity to work to benefit Methodist Health System!
- If you would like to host a fundraising event, contact Methodist Hospital Foundation at (402) 354-4825.
- These events are planned and held independently in a manner consistent with our mission.
Methodist Volunteers In Partnership (VIP)
Volunteer and share your gifts of time, energy and expertise.
- Become a member of Methodist VIP today by calling (402) 815-1130.
- We also have “as needed” opportunities to volunteer at special events such as the Herbek Hustle Memorial 5K Fun Run and 14th Annual Methodist Golf Classic.
Your cash donations shape the next generation of care at Methodist and touch thousands of lives each year.
- Whether it’s in the area of cancer care, charitable care, community service or education, 100 percent of every gift benefits the programs or projects YOU choose.
- To donate | www.methodisthospitalfoundation.org/donate.
Another Way to Give
Select Methodist Hospital Foundation as your charity of choice on AmazonSmile, and Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase to support our mission.